DUST2 – International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) Local Chapter
Why become a member?
Trails cost money, averaging $3-$6 per linear foot or more. In addition to the cost of building trail, we have other expenses including trail tools, storage, insurance, events, trail crew leader training, food for our hard working trail volunteers and member benefits. With grants, donations and funding from programs like our IMBA Membership Program, we can hire trail crews and machines to get trails built more quickly and further leverage the work of our volunteers. Also, a large active membership gives us credibility as we work with land managing agencies such as the city, county, and Forest Service in planning more trails.
When you become a member:
Your membership dues help fund
- Advocacy for new trail projects
- Trail restoration, maintenance, planning, and construction projects
- Volunteer training and education
- Races and community events
- Stronger voice representing cyclists on access issues and travel management decisions
- Great rides, camaraderie, food and good times
- 10% discounts off of retail purchases at The Hub bike shop
- 10% discount off retail purchases at Pagosa Mountain Sports bike shop
- IMBA member benefits
DUST2 has two annual membership drives run through IMBA. The first is in the spring with the other being in the fall. You can join or renew your membership any time, but we encourage you to join or renew your membership during the drive so that you can have a chance to win some great prizes from IMBA!
Be sure to choose “DUST2, Pagosa Springs” as your Chapter on the registration form!